**Postponed until further notice**
Given the concerns around COVID-19, the Harvard Kennedy School administration has made the difficult decision to ban all large events for the remainder of the academic year.
Volunteer at this year's Boston Marathon with local HKS alumni
Sunday, April 19, 2020
Registration Deadline: February 7, 2020
For the seventh year in a row, the Harvard Kennedy School New England Alumni Association and current students are organizing an HKS Boston Marathon volunteer support team. The Boston Marathon is one of the most famous athletic events in the world and draws runners from dozens of countries and all 50 states.
Take advantage of the fact you are in Boston and participate in this world-renowned event! Due to class schedules, the HKS team volunteers for four hours on the Sunday (April 19) before the marathon at either the runners’ expo or the pasta dinner.
You must register on this site to secure your spot.
Once on the site:
- Choose between registering as a new volunteer or log-in with your B.A.A. Volunteer Loyalty Number.
- Select that you are a GENERAL volunteer.
- Complete your personal information and navigate to the next page.
- Choose “join an existing group” when prompted, type in the following group name “Harvard Kennedy School” and enter the pass code “HKS123”.
- Make sure to type in the group name and passcode exactly as they appear here with no additional spaces or characters.
- Complete the rest of the application and submit, making sure to complete the process by obtaining an on-screen confirmation number.
Please only register if you can commit. No-shows are looked down upon by the Boston Athletic Association, and puts our group in jeopardy of not being allowed to volunteer in future years. E-mail Christina Marin at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.